Pop Culture Media - November 30th 2016

Mom Warns About Food Allergies After Her 11-Year-Old Son Passes Away Unexpectedly

"After 11-year-old Oakley Debbs passed away due to a food allergy, his mom is speaking out to help raise awareness.

The young boy had asthma and had tested positive for a mild peanut and tree nut allergy, and he died after eating a piece of poundcake on Nov. 23. Debbs thought the treat was safe to eat, but there was a walnut inside that he had already swallowed before he realized it was there. Still, the only apparent reaction was a small blister on his lip that disappeared after he took some Benadryl."

Red Sneakers