Simplemost - December 7th 2016

11-Year-Old’s Tragic Death Prompts Mom To Warn About Food Allergies

"A South Florida mother is on a mission to educate parents about food allergies after her 11-year-old son died from eating a piece of cake.

That piece of cake—unbeknownst to Oakley Debbs—contained walnuts, which the boy was allergic to.

Oakley and his family were aware of his allergy, and were usually very careful to take proper precautions. The active child had asthma and also tested weakly positive for peanut and tree nut allergies."

Red Sneakers